RubyMotion is a revolutionary toolchain for iOS.
It lets you quickly develop and test native iOS applications for iPhone or iPad, all using the awesome Ruby language you know and love.
To start with Rubymotion we would need
- A Mac
- Command Line Build Tools
- Text editor
- Little knowledge of the Cocoa API's
- Faith, Hope and Goodwill
Check for an update for the Rubymotion installer
sudo motion update
motion create RssReader
Explaining the structure of the application
- app_delegate.rb : Entry point of an iOS application
- Defaultemail@example.com : Default Splash Screen for iPhone5
- main_spec.rb sd: Main spec file
- Rakefile : Application configuration
Running the application on the Simulator
So this is the first very basic application which we have put up and running on a simulator.
I will be moving step by step from the basics of using Ruby alongwith Cocoa and creating a Demo application throught it.